Careers: System/Network Administrator
Job Description Summary
The Systems Administrator assists in architecting, developing, managing and support AdOn Network's high-capacity clustered application service environments and AdOn Network's office desktops/network. Under direction and supervision this position is responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of complete solutions from initial hardware procurement to final backup process as well as all day-to-day functions. This position assists the Senior Systems Administrator in problem solving, investigation and uses skill sets to anticipate and prevent problems. The position also utilizes the employee’s basic working understanding of networks, operating systems, and multi-tiered Internet applications.
Duties and Responsibilities - Essential Functions
- Support and maintain AdOn's network (servers and network hardware)
- Maintain AdOn’s (on-call availability) network in a production environment
- Ownership and accountability of certain parts of the products
- Assist in Design and Implementation of new technologies
Educational and job experience
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of hands-on experience.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience that will allow the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be considered.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3+ years enterprise level system/network administration experience in a Linux environment
- 3+ years professional experience with Red Hat Linux
- Experience with installing and configuring Linux servers
- Experience with Linux security
- Systems Administration tools (top, vmstat, sar, uptime, ps)
- Experience working with various web related open source applications
- Flexibility in on-call availability is required
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Experience with one of the following Scripting skills (Perl, PHP, Bash, & Python) a plus.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and related Internet protocols, and web servers (Apache, Tomcat, LVS, BIND, sendmail/qmail) a plus.
- Experience with load balancing and high availability a plus.
- Experience with PIX firewalls and Extreme switches a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows interoperability a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, salary history and requirements, and resume to [email protected].
Current Job Openings
Inside Sales Rep